Common injuries that occur include:
• Iliot ibial Band Syndrome
• Dislocation subluxation of the patellar
• Patellofemoral Syndrome
• Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Injuries
• Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Injuries
• Collateral Ligament Injuries
• Meniscal tears
• Tendon tears
In many cases, injuries involve more than one structure in the knee. Pain and swelling are the most common signs of knee injury. Many knee injuries cause instability – the feeling that your knee is giving way. Other injuries such as meniscal injuries may cause locking of the knee.
With professional assessment and prompt treatment from your physiotherapist many knee injuries can be successfully treated with simple measures such as bracing and rehabilitation exercises. On occasion you may be referred for a surgical opinion.
Speak to one of our friendly team to secure an appointment.